If you want to change up your shower experience and make it a bit more fun and enjoyable as a whole, an LED shower head can make all the difference. It can be easy to get burned by extremely hot water by stepping into a shower, and even just running your hand under hot water can be painful and harmful.
You will find that these shower heads offer many different options and features, including turning different colors depending on the temperature of the water so you will always know how hot or cold it is before stepping in. LED shower heads are a perfect combination of practicality and luxury, but it is important to review your options and find out as much as possible about them before making a final purchase.
Ana Bath 4” 5 Function LED Shower Head Combo
LightInTheBox LED Temperature Sensitive Color Change Bathroom Shower Spray Head
VDOMUS Temperature Controlled 15-LED RGB Color Changing Rainfall Hand Shower
MagicShowerhead SH1026 7 LED Colors Fading Shower Head
DreamSpa® All-Chrome Water Temperature Color-Changing LED Shower Head
What is a LED Shower Head?
An LED shower head has turbines inside the head that are rotated by the flow of water coming through, providing power for the LED lights that turn a certain color, whether it is red, blue, or green, depending on the temperature of the water.
A vast majority of these shower heads are designed with a microcontroller with sensor that reacts to the temperature of the water, causing the LED bulbs to turn a specific color. Blue light means the water is cold, red means the water is hot, and green means it is about lukewarm.
Some LED shower heads flash red when the water is extremely hot to keep you from getting scalded. Not all of these shower heads follow the same color pattern, so it is crucial that you look at the instruction manual that comes with the one you get so you can be sure what each color means. These shower heads are similar to many other types in the sense that most of them offer different spray settings as well as other features.
Advantages of a LED Shower Head
LED shower heads can be incredibly advantageous in a number of ways, including the fact that they can make your time in the shower a lot more fun and interesting. These shower heads create a sort of laser light show feel that will take some of the boredom and monotony out of taking a shower.
You will also be able to know what the temperature of the water coming out of your shower head is (more or less) by simply noting which color it is. Anyone who has ever stepped into a shower that is either too cold or too hot knows what a terrible experience that can be.
Investing in an LED shower head will also mean that you will be able to shower in the dark with no problem whatsoever. The water pressure will illuminate your entire shower, eliminating the need to have a light on in the bathroom. If you want to save money on both water and electricity, one of these shower heads can be a great investment to make.
LED shower heads also offer some nice “mood lighting”, which can be perfect when you take a shower with that special someone. While some people choose to light candles to set the mood while taking a bath or shower with a significant other, this can be a major fire hazard. An LED shower head will provide you with a fun and romantic atmosphere without any dangers or risks whatsoever.
How do I find the best LED shower head for me?
There are many different considerations to make when you are going about looking for the best LED shower head to meet all of your needs. The following things will give you a better idea as to what you should look for in one of these shower heads so you can really get your money’s worth.
- Power source: While some LED shower heads are powered by regular batteries, others have turbines that turn inside the head from the water pressure. Charging batteries regularly or even semi-regularly can get annoying, so you might want to consider getting a shower head that uses turbines.
- Color settings: When you are looking at each shower head, find out whether or not the colors change based on the temperature as opposed to just cycling through all of the different colors randomly. You will also want to find out which colors each shower head offers, as there are some that offer more than others. Typically, these shower heads offer three colors: red, blue, and green, but this is not always the case.
- Build quality: The overall quality of the shower head’s build will definitely be important, so look for one that is made of a durable material like brass or copper. The more durable your shower head is, the longer it will last.
- Spray settings: Just like many other types of shower heads, many LED models offers a variety of spray patterns. If you want to be able to customize your shower experience, look for one that offers numerous spray pattern options.
- Finish/Color: The finish or color of the shower head itself will be something else to consider, especially if you want it to match the overall color scheme of your bathroom. You will find that these shower heads come in a variety of finishes, including chrome, brushed copper, and many others. Look for a shower head with a finish that will complement the rest of your bathroom.
- Fixed or attached: Some LED shower heads are strictly fixed to the wall while others are both fixed and detachable, so you can have the best of both worlds. If you want a shower head that you can take off the wall mount to clean yourself with, a combination style LED shower head is probably your best option.
- Look at it as a whole: While you may want a LED shower head, it is important that you remember to look at each one as a whole instead of just its ability to illuminate the water stream. You will find that some LED shower heads are better than others as a whole, so look at the big picture before deciding which one to buy.
Our Top 3 Picks
1. Ana Bath 4” 5 Function LED Shower Head Combo
The Ana Bath 4” 5 Function LED Shower Head Combo is one of the best LED shower heads you can buy, offering a three year warranty on the single-colored blue components as well as a full lifetime warranty on all other parts of the shower head. There is a fixed shower head as well as a handheld detachable head as well as a three way diverter so you can use both or either at any given time.
Both shower heads offer the same five individual spray patterns, including saturating, massage, bubbling spray, saturating & massage spray, and saturating & bubbling spray. The variety of spray patterns will allow you to customize your shower experience and offers something for every member of the household.
The 60” stainless steel shower hose is highly durable and will provide you with enough room to maneuver it over every part of your body without restriction. One of the other great things about this shower head is that it will allow you to save money on your water bill so you don’t have to pay quite as much each month.
Installing this shower head is fairly easy and thread-sealing tape is included for this specific purpose. Even those who live in older homes with older plumbing fixtures should have absolutely no problem installing this shower head.
This shower head has turbines that generate power for the LED lights, so you won’t have to worry about charging or replacing batteries. The LED lights are not temperature-sensitive, but they will still be likely to enhance your overall shower experience to make it a lot more fun and enjoyable every time. Overall, this shower head is a great investment that will actually save you money over time; it has gotten a lot of positive reviews online and for good reason.
2. LightinTheBox 8” Rainfall Temperature Sensitive LED Showerhead
This LED shower head changes color according to the temperature of the water, so you always know how hot or cold it is before stepping in. When the light is red, it means the shower is hot, when it is blue it means the water is cold, and when it is green you will know that it’s just right. LightInTheBox offers a wide range of LED gadgets that are available for purchase on Amazon, demonstrating that they are experts when it comes to this type of technology.
The rainfall spray pattern that this particular shower head offers will completely immerse you in a gentle and relaxing spray for a better, more tranquil shower. You will be able to shower in the dark with this shower head because of the bright LED lights, effectively reducing your monthly electricity bill.
The sprinkle faucets that this shower head uses are made of a special copper material with minimal lead; it is resistant to erosion and abrasion, making it one tough shower head that will last for a number of years.
We chose this LightinTheBox shower head because it has a temperature-sensitive design, which is definitely a useful feature, it is available online for less than $40, and is made by a company that really knows their stuff when it comes to LED gadgets. If you are currently looking for a LED shower head that will let you know what temperature the water is without even having to feel it, this one is definitely worth considering.
3. VDOMUS LED Color Changing Wand Handheld Shower Head
The VDOMUS LED Color Changing Wand is a great handheld shower head that is inexpensive (available online for around $15), and offers a color-changing LED in the arm of the shower that will illuminate the stream of water coming out. While this may not be the absolute best LED shower head you can find online, it is certainly a good bargain for those who are on a tight budget and need to save as much money as possible.
The thick brass design of this shower head means that it will almost certainly last a very long time, which is something that cannot be said about all of these shower heads. The chrome finish is definitely a nice touch and gives it a contemporary look that goes well with most modern bathrooms.
There are three different LED colors: red, blue, and green. This shower head is a great way to make showering in your bathroom a lot more fun and visually stimulating, and it can be purchased for a very low amount.
This shower head does not come with a warranty, but it is also very cheap and therefore not a huge risk to take. Unlike many other LED shower heads, this one runs very quietly so you won’t be bothered by a high pitched whining or any other noise when it is in use. You will get a swivel fitting with this shower head like almost any other kind, allowing you to use either a straight or adjustable arm.
The fact is that an LED shower head has the potential to make your time in the shower a lot more fun and interesting. If you are tired of taking the same boring old showers and want a way to make the entire experience a bit more entertaining, buying one of these shower heads can help a great deal. It is important to keep in mind that there are lots of different models to choose from, which is why it is so important that you take the time to carefully review your options.
The more time you spend doing this research, the more likely it will be that you get the right LED shower head to match every single one of your needs. Remember to take all of the above mentioned factors into consideration when shopping for an LED shower head so you can find one that will last a long time and work well for you.